Looking for a new and exciting career? AirEvac International is an International Air Medical Transportation company with operational bases throughout North America, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. At AirEvac International we are dedicated to offering the highest level of service, safety and patient care in the industry. These core values have set us apart with our partners throughout the Air Medical industry. As we grow, we are looking for energetic, motivated employees who are interested in becoming part of our dynamic, rapidly growing team at our San Diego CA, Scottsdale, AZ or Miami, FL corporate offices. Please review the full and part-time positions that we are currently staffing for, then submit your resume and if your skill set fits the needs of our company, a representative from the Human Resources Department will contact you for an interview.
Air Ambulance Medical Flight Coordinator Case Manager
Scottsdale, AZ January 2018
As an Air Ambulance Medical Flight Coordinator Case Manager your primary responsibility will be to coordinate all aspects of patient transfer, by air or ground, to ensure continuity of patient care in all phases of each Air Ambulance transport. These may include, but are not limited to, transfers to a higher or specialized level of care for acute patients i.e. rehab, cancer, transplant, pediatric, end-of-life, emergency out-of-country evacuations and commercial medical escort flights.
- At least 2 yrs. experience in the healthcare or aviation field required
- At least 2 yrs. experience in high-level client sales and services a plus
- Knowledge of Medical and/or Aviation terminology a plus
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint professional level working knowledge required - SalesForce and Zoho a plus
- Knowledge of business grammar usage and style required
- Marketing and familiarity with quantitative and qualitative data collection and research a plus
- Strong effective communication skills with the ability to communicate with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times.
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to prioritize, multitask, problem solve and be-proactive while maintaining professionalism and order in high-stress situations
- Ability to work as an integral part of a successful team as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bi-lingual preferred but not necessary
- Receiving and qualifying emergent and non-emergent requests for patient transfer, via air or ground ambulance, from Hospital Case Managers, Transfer Centers, Commercial Insurance Carriers, Corporate Partners and Private Families.
- Quoting, negotiating and coordinating day-to-day flight operations in accordance with all Federal and company regulations and requirements.
- Understanding Aircraft specifications, capabilities and aviation terminology to assist Operations in scheduling of Aircraft and pending flights.
- Understanding medical conditions, terminology and flight physiology to appropriately communicate information to Clinical Manager and Medical Director in establishing patient transport status and coordination of transfer.
- Understanding Crew Resources and capabilities, both medical and flight.
- Briefing Flight and Medical Crews on all aspects of flights
- Fulfilling all special requests or notifications from Flight or Medical Crews.
- Monitoring the progress of all phases of transport and flight follow from departure through arrival.
- Updating ALL parties at each phase of the transport and providing a “high touch” experience for Case Managers, Corporate Partners and Private Patient Families by being available to answer questions, address concerns and establish a level of comfort and trust.
- Implementing company safety procedures and policies, departmental procedures and policies, as well operational standards and procedures.
- Conducting periodic market research to determine competitive industry position.
- Utilizing CRM for collecting, organizing and analyzing key market information, opportunities and client data to promote company brand and services.
- Reporting directly to Flight Coordination Supervisor
*Other duties may be assigned as role expands.
This position requires on site office duties as well as after-hours dispatching from home on a rotational schedule with on-call responsibilities. Salary will be determined based on experience related to this position.
Contact AirEvac Today
AirEvac International provides the highest level of medical transportation care by combining the best medical resources and most efficient response times.
AirEvac International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status